We need your help.
WTSF mentors come from a range of science and technology-focused industries that utilize math and science disciplines as part of their daily work. They encourage and guide as a parent, a teacher and an elder sibling. As a mentor, you will develop trust with your mentee by sharing parts of yourself and taking the time to learn about your student.
Qualities We Look for in a Mentor
- You’re intelligent, energized, and motivated to never stop learning
- You enjoy teaching about the fascinating and empowering world of math and science
- You’re a subject matter expert that can bring science to life by sharing industry-based examples of science/technology in relevant, real-world applications
- You can commit to participating in one-hour per week for the entire school year
- You are a flexible thinker who can withstand small hiccups and respond to student questions in a thoughtful and creative ways.
Steps to Become a Mentor
Please understand that the application process is comprehensive. Assuring the safety of our students by providing exemplary mentors is a responsibility of our organization and our application process reflects our diligence. Thanks again and we look forward to working with you!