The overarching goal of the RTM program is to help K-12 students achieve in the disciplines of math and science.
In order to measure the success of that greater goal, WTSF is focused on the following objectives:
- Improved standardized test scores
- Improved math and science class grades
- An improved understanding about the application of math and science in the real world
- More developed problem solving skills
- An improved understanding of Algebra concepts and the ability to apply prior understanding to new challenges
- Greater willingness to take risks
- Stronger question asking skills
In order to determine our efficacy, we are using a variety of data collection methods:
- Comparison of RTM students’ standardized test scores and grades to those of students that did not participate in the RTM program
- Comparison of RTM students’ 8th grade standardized test scores and grades to their 7th grade scores and grades
- Analysis of the RTM sessions using a detailed rubric to determine each student’s improvement in each objective.